Rain Harvesting Downpipe First Flush Diverters, such as the 90mm, 100mm and 150mm kits, are installed at each downpipe that supplies water to the tank. They utilise a dependable ball and seat system – a simple automatic system that does not rely on mechanical parts or manual intervention.
As the water level rises in the diverter chamber, the ball floats, and once the chamber is full, the ball rests on a seat inside the diverter chamber preventing any further water entering the diverter. The subsequent flow of water is then automatically directed along the pipe system to the tank.
- Prevents sediment, bird droppings, spiders, insects, mosquito eggs and debris from entering the rainwater tank.
- Improves water quality, protects pumps and internal appliances.
- Ideal to use in conjunction with a rain head.
- Easy installation, just add pipe and glue.
- No mechanical parts.
- Low maintenance requirements